Saturday, November 13, 2010

NANOWRIMO!

Okay, so this post is a little overdue, buuuut it's NOVEMBER!

Yeah, so for most people, this means a short month with extra school days cut out (Veterans Day plus a Thanksgiving four-day weekend, or a whole Thanksgiving week off, even, thanks to furloughs) but to me, this is a very, very special month.

November symbolizes family, it symbolizes autumn harvests, turkeys, and new pilgrimages, and it's also the month of some charity organization for some branch of sick people but to writers, it is the worldwide, international feat available to writers everywhere. Why? It is National Novel Writing Month! (The name really is misleading. It's international, and we have JaNoWriMo and JuNoWriMo as well as JulNoWriMo for the months of January, June, and July) It's just official in November.

So, this is my second time trying, because I miserably failed last year. I'm writing the same story, which I will not really spoil on here. The only thing I'll tell you is that it's about a cutter girl. That's it. The only thing different this year is that I'm starting all over again for the umpteenth time. (It's about my fourth time trying. I started trying in 7th grade, about three years ago.)

So NaNoWriMO. So the average amount of words in an average novel is fifty thousand, so that's what I set my goal to. Currently, I have 7,808 words, I am 15.62% into my writing, and I am just beginning the first chapter. (Perhaps the prologue was rather long?)

I'm a little behind, but fortunately for me, I have a weekend to do this as well as a whole week during Thanksgiving. By Sunday, I will try to be my closest to 20,000 words. Do you think I can do it?

Here's the thing. I sort of need more plot twists and an actual story. All I have are well-filled out characters, their parents, their backgrounds, their clothes, their surroundings, and a climax, but no goal, no ideas, no fillers, and no milestones for my main character.

I am at a loss...

Eh. I'll spend my time at the airport figuring something out, because I am going to San Francisco for a party this week...I don't like parties. It's my mom's party. It's 70's themed. >_< (In fact, if I had my choice, I'd stay at home all weekend)

I'll talk about that when I get back and when I have internet access, yeah?

See you soon I hope, and I'll be back to post when I'm halfway done.

No comments:

Post a Comment