Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Effect of Procrastination...nothing too important

day 21| describe your sleeping arrangements: bedding, stuffed animals, whatever
* I have a full-sized bed, except it's reduced to less than a twin because I have a pile of unused blankets and clean and/or dirty clothes taking up half of it.
* I have four pillows (two are some sort of faux-tempurpedic), one of which I use. 
* I sleep with two blankets. One's a sheet, the other's some red velvety fabric. 'Tis warm.
* The bed sleeve thingy is coming off the corner, so I sleep with my head at the foot of the bed. I sleep away from the headboard. Sometimes my pillow falls off the edge, and I don't notice. 

day 22| catharsis time— let something or someone go
* ...I just took a precalc test today. Another group test, in which we finished first. Kay, I'm not worried anymore. :) 

day 23| something irrational that you think or do
* I have a fear of some of my peers. 
* Example time! Two days ago, when it was raining, my friend's green-haired, heavily-studded, metal-head-looking sister walked with my friend. She doesn't freak me out, but I got shy, so instead of taking the short route to my bus stop with them, I resolve to walk through the mud in a (pretty, but not pretty when it's gloomy out) park...and take the long way, while carrying relatively heavy books and backpack. Lucky it wasn't raining while I was walking. 

day 24| pick an album and do nothing but listen to it- no multitasking allowed.
* Album? -hides number of YouTube downloads- o.o

day 25| tell someone something you wouldn’t ordinarily share
* The outside of my house looks really old and crappy, but the inside (while messy) is wonderfully and inspirationally colorful. 

day 26| put something in every single formspring/ask on your dashboard
* I can avoid this question, because there's nothing in my formspring, at the moment. 
* In a totally non-conformist attitood, I can claim that I knew about formspring and tumblr before the mass population started using it. (I don't have a tumblr.)

day 27| bake something and share it
* Here, have some burnt brownie with roasted peach pits I mistook for almonds. (This actually happened, by the way...I'm a disgrace to cooking and all household activities in general, save TV-watching.) 

day 28| call a grandparent or relative that isn’t expecting your voice
* It's not 9 o'clock yet. I can't make free phone calls across the country at the moment. Unless of course I yell into the still and empty air the name of a relative. 

day 29| write a haiku or make a friendship bracelet or start a creative endeavor
* I start NaNoWriMo in a month! I'm preparing. You can find out about YWP's NaNoWriMo here and find my excitement about it here, and my complaint about losing here. (My posts are all from last year, by the way.) Obviously, I don't learn lessons the first time they come around. That, or I'm really optimistic and determined. Pick one. ^_^

day 30| reward yourself with something frivolous.
* Omigawsh, COOKIE! nom nom nom nom! 

day 31| jump on a tumblr bandwagon just for today
* Que? -knows nothing about tumblr, cept it's another blogging site- 

day 32| photo of yourself at least ten years ago
* >_< Maybe some other time...

day 33| list three things you want out of life that you are currently working towards
* Removed from my life, or an effect of my life? ("Out" has over 70 definitions...)
* I think it's the latter.
(In no particular order!) 
* Academic Success
* Servitude
* Purity

day 34| most current photo not taken on webcam (play around and dress up if you want!)
* Again, maybe later. 

day 35| photo of your favorite body part
* Uhh... Dangit! I'm too lazy to get out a camera right now!!! :( 

day 36| photo of one of your scars
* Look at "day 35"

day 37| take a flattering photo focusing on something you don’t feel is flattering.
* Haha. I do photography too, but again, maybe later. 

day 38| list five things you’ve lost and wonder where they might be
* Dear socks, please find your solemates (haha! see what I did there?). I need you guys to be together, so please work out your differences and move back in with each other in my sock bag (because I'm too awesome for drawers). 
* My math skillz. Where be they? 
* Oh where, oh where has the time gone?
* I lost one of my mom's slippers a few months ago. One's under my bed. I haven't told her, but we're still looking for the other one. (If you find it, please tell me? It's black and it's soft.) 
* I no longer have a complete collection of my Harry Potter books... 
-sniff;;sadface- 

day 39| most stimulating thing you’ve learned this week
* 2000 teenagers try to take their lives every day...

day 40| a question about the world that you can’t figure out
* "Why do people hurt people to show that hurting people is wrong?"


day 41| favorite word
* This is easy. And, I have two. 
* de-fen-es-trate: to throw someone out of a window (rt. French)
* hip-po-po-to-mon-stro-ses-quip-pe-da-lio-pho-bia: the irrational fear of long words (this be the very definition of the word "oxymoron")

day 43| if you could tell your seven year old self anything, what would it be?
* I was kinda ... sad when I was seven. 
* Backstory! When I was like seven or eight, (around the time of the Wickes 2006!) commercials, I believed I wouldn't make it until 2008. It was one of the biggest things I was afraid of when I was younger. 
* I would tell my seven-year-old self, "You won't die. You'll make it to high school, and it'll be glorious, because people actually like you." Then, I'd give myself a hug. 

day 44| kill, bang, marry, chill of your choice
* o.e Ohh this brings back a really horrible time when I wrote sappy poems about some guy. And then another scandalous-ish time...

day 45| have you any superstitions?
* None.




I AM OFFICIALLY FINISHED. 


...eh. 

3 comments:

  1. oh vera, dont judge clothes from one picture. you should look at the whole CELINE collection. designer phoebe philo made the looks really functional and that includes POCKETS! yeah, i didn't put up the pocketed version of the coat. :D

    take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive seen the outside of your house but not the inside!!! how will i know it's "inspirational"? the only thing i know about your interior is you have a full sized bed with only half occupied by a human and a skylight. (is that right? that hole in your dining room)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I have two skylights. One's in the kitchen, and the other's in the dining room.

    I have fake hardwood floors (one's tile, the other's laminate.)

    The furniture in my room doesn't match...the wood's from oak and balsa, I think...Oh, and we have a fake patio.

    ReplyDelete